Monday 28 October 2013

Do You Like Lamb?

SCENARIO
Imagine you are talking to a relative, a friend or a work colleague. You are talking about the things each one of you like. At some point the other person says to you something like: "do you like lamb?"

In Spanish, the other person could choose to be less formal and say:
¿Te gusta el cordero?

Alternatively, he/ she could choose to be more formal and say:
¿Le gusta el cordero?


OUR TIP
The question is an invitation for you to say whether or not you like lamb. A yes/no answer may be strictly sufficient. However, with little effort, your answer could be a lot more informative.

Here are some examples of how you could reply:
  • Sí, me gusta el cordero (yes, I like lamb);
  • Sí, me gusta bastante el cordero (yes, I quite like lamb);
  • Sí, me gusta mucho el cordero (yes, I like lamb very much);
  • No, me gusta muy poco el cordero (no, I don't like lamb very much);
  • No, no me gusta el cordero (no, I don't like lamb);
  • No, no me gusta mucho el cordero (no, I don't like lamb very much);
  • No, no me gusta nada el cordero (no, I don't like lamb at all);

Now you should practise answering the question:
¿Te gusta el cordero?

Spanish lessons online
Skype/ Google+ Hangout/ Facetime
Great lessons

Free Spanish:
Follow us on:
Twitter: @LoveSpanish_com
© Copyright 2013 Love-Spanish.com. by Jose M González. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: