Today's WOTD is: "calcetín" = sock
In Spanish, “calcetín” is a masculine noun of Latin origin, the main meaning of which is sock. The plural form "calcetines" is also often used.
The word "calcetín" is sometimes used to refer to a secret stash of money.
Some expressions with the word “calcetín” are:
- Calcetines de algodón (cotton socks);
- Calcetines de lana (woollen socks);
- Calcetines de seda (silk socks);
- Monedero de calcetín (purse sock);
Some examples of the use of the word "calcetín" is:
- Los calcetines de algodón son muy cómodos e higiénicos (cotton socks are very comfortable and hygienic);
- Los calcetines de lana son muy buenos para cuando hace frío (woollen socks are very are very good when is cold);
- Los calcetines de seda son cómodos y elegantes (silk socks are comfortable and classy);
- Me han regalado un calcetín monedero muy bonito (I have been given a very nice purse sock as a present);
Love-Spanish.com loves the word "calcetín" in the YouTube clip: ¡sandalias con calcetines!
For more on the word "calcetín", visit: Wordreference.com/es/ Calcetín
This is another Free online Spanish lesson from Love-Spanish.com. We conduct Spanish lessons online on a wide range of topics using the latest video conferencing facilities. Online lessons are the ideal way to improve listening and speaking skills. For more details on our lessons online and how to book them, please visit:
For more Free Spanish:
Follow us on:© Copyright 2013 Love-Spanish.com. by Jose M González. All Rights Reserved.