Today's WOTD is: "piscina" = swimming pool
In Spanish, the noun "piscina" is a feminine noun of Latin origin which means swimming pool.
Some commonly used expressions containing the words "piscina" are:
- Piscina al aire libre (open air/ outdoor swimming pool);
- Piscina climatizada (heated swimming pool);
- Piscina cubierta (covered/ indoor swimming pool);
- Piscina olímpica (olympic-sized swimming pool);
Some examples of the use of the word "piscina" are:
- Tenemos piscina al aire libre (we have an outdoor swimming pool);
- No hay piscina climatizada (there isn't a heated swimming pool);
- También hay piscina cubierta (there is also an indoor pool);
- Las competiciones se celebran en la piscina olímpica (competitions are held in the olympic-sized swimming pool);
Love-Spanish.com loves the word "piscina" in the YouTube clip: El primer baño en la piscina
For more on the word "piscina", visit: Wordreference.com/es/en/ Piscina
*NB 'Click' on the speaker icon next to the word “piscina” in the link to hear the word pronounced.
This is another Free online Spanish lesson from Love-Spanish.com. We conduct Spanish lessons online on a wide range of topics using the latest video conferencing facilities. Online lessons are the ideal way to improve listening and speaking skills. For more details on our lessons online and how to book them, please visit:
For more Free Spanish:
Follow us on:
© Copyright 2012 Love-Spanish.com. by Jose M González. All Rights Reserved.