Today's WOTD is: "carcajada" = guffaw
In Spanish, the noun "carcajada" is a feminine noun of onomatopoeic origin which means guffaw.
Some commonly used expressions containing the word "carcajada" are:
- Reirse a carcajada tendida (roaring with laughter);
- Reirse a carcajadas (to roar with laughter);
- Soltar una carcajada (to burst out laughing);
Some examples of the use of the word "carcajada" are:
- Los oyentes se reían a carcajada tendida (the listeners were roaring with laughter);
- Nos reíamos a carcajadas (we were roaring with laughter);
- En ese momento, Pedro soltó una carcajada (at that point, Pedro burst out laughing);
Love-Spanish.com loves the word "carcajada" in the YouTube clip: Grupo Yucateco-La carcajada
For more on the word "carcajada", visit: Wordreference.com/es/en/ Carcajada
This is another Free online Spanish lesson from Love-Spanish.com. We conduct Spanish lessons online on a wide range of topics using the latest video conferencing facilities. Online lessons are the ideal way to improve listening and speaking skills. For more details on our lessons online and how to book them, please visit:
For more Free Spanish:
Follow us on:
© Copyright 2012 Love-Spanish.com. by Jose M González. All Rights Reserved.