Imagine that today, a relative, a friend or a work colleague asks you: "what is today's date?"
¿Qué día es hoy?
A quick look at your diary confirms that today is: Friday the 5th of February 2016. You could give today's date in Spanish by saying:
Hoy es viernes cinco de febrero de dos mil dieciséis
- Today is = Hoy es
- Friday = viernes
- The 5th = cinco
- Of February = de febrero
- 2016 = de dos mil dieciséis
- In Spanish, we just say "5", instead of "the 5th"
- In Spanish we literally say: "of 2016"
- In Spanish we don't capitalise day of the week names, for example: viernes
- In Spanish we don't capitalise month names, for example: febrero
Spanish lessons online
Skype/ Google+ Hangout/ Facetime
© Copyright 2016 Love-Spanish.com. by Jose M González. All Rights Reserved.