Today's WOTD is: "otoño" = autumn/ fall
In Spanish, “otoño” is a masculine noun of Latin origin which means autumn/ fall.
The Spanish describing word/ adjective “otoñal” may be used to describe something as autumnal.
In Spanish, the words “otoño”/ “otoñal” could also be used figuratively to to refer to old age.
Some commonly used expressions containing the word "otoño" are:
- En otoño (in the autumn/ in the fall);
- Un bello día de otoño (a fine/ lovely autumn/ fall day);
- En el otoño de la vida (in the autumn of one's life/ in old age);
Some examples of the use of the word "otoño" are:
- El otoño es una estación de grandes cambios (autumn is a season of great changes);
- En otoño hay que abrigarse para no pasar frío (in the autumn, you must wrap up to keep warm);
- Pedro está en el otoño de su vida (Pedro is in the autumn of his life);
Love-Spanish.com loves the word "otoño" in the YouTube clip: CUENTO DE OTOÑO
For more on the word "otoño", visit: Wordreference.com/ Otoño
*NB 'Click' on the speaker icon next to the word “otoño” in the link to hear the word pronounced.
This is another Free online Spanish lesson from Love-Spanish.com. We conduct Spanish lessons online on a wide range of topics using the latest video conferencing facilities. Online lessons are the ideal way to improve listening and speaking skills. For more details on our lessons online and how to book them, please visit:
For more Free Spanish:
Follow us on:
© Copyright 2012 Love-Spanish.com. by Jose M González. All Rights Reserved.