This post deals with indicating where you work.SCENARIO
Imagine you are exchanging personal details with someone. The other person wants to know where you work and asks you: "where do you work?"
In Spanish, the other person could choose to be less formal and ask you:
Alternatively, he/ she could choose to be more formal and say:
¿Dónde trabaja (usted)?
You DO NOT need be concerned about the degree of formality in the question you are asked. Whether the other person uses the more/ less formal question is irrelevant to your choice of answer. Your answer depends only on what you want to say. There are many different ways in which you could answer this question. Perhaps you want to choose between saying:
- The type of work you do
- You work in a particular sector
- You work for a particular company/ employer
- You work in a particular city/ town
Here are some examples which deal with those basic possibilities:
- Trabajo en una fábrica (I work in an factory)
- Trabajo en una agencia de viajes (I work in an travel agent's)
- Trabajo en la construcción (I work in the construction sector)
- Trabajo en la banca (I work in the banking sector)
- Trabajo en Telefónica (I work for Telefonica)
- Trabajo en Londres (I work in London)
- Trabajo en el centro (I work in the centre of town/ downtown)
Now you should practice answering the question:
This is another Free online Spanish lesson from Love-Spanish.com. We conduct Spanish lessons online on a wide range of topics using the latest video conferencing facilities. Online lessons are the ideal way to improve listening and speaking skills. For more details on our lessons online and how to book them, please visit:
For more Free Spanish:
Follow us on:
Google+: Google+ Love-Spanish
Facebook: Facebook.com/ Love.Spanish© Copyright 2011 Love-Spanish.com. by Jose M González. All Rights Reserved.