Imagine that today, a relative, a friend or a work colleague asks you: "what is today's date?"
¿Qué día es hoy?
A quick look at your diary confirms that today is: Thursday the 28th of April 2016. You could give today's date in Spanish by saying:
Hoy es jueves veintiocho de abril de dos mil dieciséis
- Today is = Hoy es
- Thursday = jueves
- The 28th = veintiocho
- Of April = de abril
- 2016 = de dos mil dieciséis
- In Spanish, we just say "28", instead of "the 28th"
- In Spanish we literally say: "of 2016"
- In Spanish we don't capitalise day of the week names, for example: jueves
- In Spanish we don't capitalise month names, for example: abril
Spanish lessons online
Skype/ Google+ Hangout/ Facetime
© Copyright 2016 Love-Spanish.com. by Jose M González. All Rights Reserved.