Imagine that today, a relative, a friend or a work colleague asks you: "what is today's date?"
¿Qué día es hoy?
A quick look at your diary confirms that today is: Friday the 27th of November 2015. You could give today's date in Spanish by saying:
Hoy es viernes veintisiete de noviembre de dos mil quince
- Today is = Hoy es
- Friday = viernes
- The 27th = veintisiete
- Of November = de noviembre
- 2015 = de dos mil quince
- In Spanish, we just say "28", instead of "the 28th"
- In Spanish we literally say: "of 2015"
- In Spanish we don't capitalise day of the week names, for example: viernes
- In Spanish we don't capitalise month names, for example: noviembre
Spanish lessons online
Skype/ Google+ Hangout/ Facetime
© Copyright 2015 Love-Spanish.com. by Jose M González. All Rights Reserved.