Today's word is: "tranvía" = tram
In Spanish, “tranvía” is a masculine noun of English origin which means tram or streetcar and used as in:
- Un tranvía llamado Deseo* (A streetcar named Desire);
Some Spanish expressions with the word “tranvía” are:
- Bajarse del tranvía (to get off the tram/ streetcar)
- Coger** el tranvía (to catch a tram/ streetcar)
- Ir en tranvía (to go by tram/ streetcar)
- Subirse al tranvía (to get on the tram/ streetcar)
- Tomar el tranvía (to catch a tram/ streetcar)
**Remember that “coger” is a verb which in some parts, especially in the Americas, has a sexual connotation and may be liable to misinterpretation.
Love-Spanish.com loves the word "tranvía" in the YouTube clip: Los Sirex - El Tranvía.wmv
For more on the word "tranvía", visit: Wordreference.com/es/en/ Tranvía
Spanish lessons online
Skype/ Google+ Hangout/ Facetime
© Copyright 2015 Love-Spanish.com by Jose M González. All Rights Reserved.