In Spanish, “poda” is a feminine noun of Latin origin, which means pruning. The noun “poda” is also often used to refer to the pruning time.
A related Spanish action word/ verb is “podar”, which means to prune.
Some commonly used expressions with the word “poda” are:
- Hacer una poda (to prune/ to perform a pruning);
- Poda en cordón (cordon pruning);
- Poda en vaso (goblet pruning);
Some examples of the use of the word "poda" are:
- Puede ser recomendable hacer una poda de manzanos en invierno (pruning apple trees in winter could be advisable);
- La poda en cordón es un método de poda (cordon pruning is a method of pruning);
- La poda en vaso es un método de poda (goblet pruning is a method of pruning);
Love-Spanish.com loves the word "poda" in the YouTube clip: Trucos para una buena poda de viña
For more on the word "poda", visit: Wordreference.com/ Poda
This is another Free online Spanish lesson from Love-Spanish.com. We conduct Spanish lessons online on a wide range of topics using the latest video conferencing facilities. Online lessons are the ideal way to improve listening and speaking skills. For more details on our lessons online and how to book them, please visit:
For more Free Spanish:
Follow us on:
© Copyright 2013 Love-Spanish.com. by Jose M González. All Rights Reserved.