Today's WOTD is: "balcón" = balcony
In Spanish, “balcón” is a masculine noun of Italian origin, which means balcony.
A couple of commonly used expressions with the word “balcón” are:
- Balcón corrido (extended balcony/ external corridor);
- Salir al balcón (to go out to the balcony);
Some examples of the use of the word "balcón" are:
- La foto muestra la fachada de un edificio típico con balcones (the photo shows the front of a typical building with balconies);
- La foto muestra la fachada de un edificio típico con balcones corridos (the photo shows the front of a typical building with extended balconies);
- Voy a salir al balcón a tomar el fresco (I am going out to the balcony for a bit of fresh air);
Love-Spanish.com loves the word "balcón" in the YouTube clip: El balcón de paul- El Cuarteto de Nos- Porfiado
For more on the word "balcón", visit: Wordreference.com/es/en/ Balcón
This is another Free online Spanish lesson from Love-Spanish.com. We conduct Spanish lessons online on a wide range of topics using the latest video conferencing facilities. Online lessons are the ideal way to improve listening and speaking skills. For more details on our lessons online and how to book them, please visit:
For more Free Spanish:
Follow us on:
© Copyright 2013 Love-Spanish.com. by Jose M González. All Rights Reserved.