Today's WOTD is: "ascensor" = lift/ elevator
|Image source: Google images|
In Spanish, “ascensor” is a masculine noun of Latin origin, which means lift/ elevator.
A couple of commonly used expressions with the word “ascensor” are:
- Ascensor de carga* (freight elevator);
- Llamar el ascensor (to call/ summon the lift/ elevator);
*NB Often called also “montacargas” (singular/ masculine noun).
Some examples of the use of the word "ascensor" are:
- Metieron nuestro equipaje en el ascensor de carga (they put our luggage in the freight elevator);
- Metieron nuestro equipaje en el montacargas (they put our luggage in the freight elevator);
- ¿Te llamo el ascensor? (shall I call/ summon the lift/ elevator for you?);
Love-Spanish.com loves the word "ascensor" in the YouTube clip: Leo Messi y Cristiano Ronaldo coinciden en unascensor 1
For more on the word "ascensor", visit: Wordreference.com/es/en/ Ascensor
*NB 'Click' on the speaker icon next to the word “ascensor” in the link to hear the word pronounced.
This is another Free online Spanish lesson from Love-Spanish.com. We conduct Spanish lessons online on a wide range of topics using the latest video conferencing facilities. Online lessons are the ideal way to improve listening and speaking skills. For more details on our lessons online and how to book them, please visit:
For more Free Spanish:
Follow us on:
© Copyright 2013 Love-Spanish.com. by Jose M González. All Rights Reserved.