Today's WOTD is: "alfombra" = rug/ carpet
In Spanish, “alfombra” is a feminine noun of Arabic origin which means rug/ carpet.
Some commonly used expression with the word “alfombra” are:
- Alfombra de baño (bathroom rug/ carpet);
- Alfombra mágica (magic carpet);
- Alfombra roja (red carpet);
- Alfombra voladora (flying carpet);
Some examples of the use of the word "alfombra" are:
- Esa alfombra de baño es antideslizante (that bathroom rug is non slip);
- La alfombra voladora es una alfombra mágica (the flying carpet is a magic carpet);
- Las estrellas del cine pisan la alfombra roja (the movie stars tread the red carpet);
Love-Spanish.com loves the word "alfombra" in the YouTube clip: Premio Lo Nuestro - Consentidos en la alfombra rojade Premio Lo Nuestro 2012
For more on the word "alfombra", visit: Wordreference.com/es/ Alfombra
*NB 'Click' on the speaker icon next to the word “alfombra” in the link to hear the word pronounced.
This is another Free online Spanish lesson from Love-Spanish.com. We conduct Spanish lessons online on a wide range of topics using the latest video conferencing facilities. Online lessons are the ideal way to improve listening and speaking skills. For more details on our lessons online and how to book them, please visit:
For more Free Spanish:
Follow us on:
© Copyright 2012 Love-Spanish.com. by Jose M González. All Rights Reserved.