Today's WOTD is: "niebla" = fog
In Spanish, “niebla” is a feminine noun of Latin origin which means fog.
A related Spanish noun is “neblina” which means mist.
Some commonly used expressions containing the word "niebla" are:
- Día de niebla (foggy day);
- Hay niebla (it is foggy);
- La niebla del olvido (the mist of oblivion/ time);
- Niebla meona (pea-souper);
Some examples of the use of the word "niebla" are:
- En otoño, a menudo hay niebla (in the Autumn, it is often foggy);
- En otoño, hay muchos días de niebla (in the Autumn, there are many foggy days);
- Se pierde en la niebla del olvido (it fades/ is lost in the mist of time);
- Con esa niebla meona hay que ir despacio (you have to go slow in that pea-souper);
Love-Spanish.com loves the word "niebla" in the YouTube clip: Bebo & Cigala - Niebla del riachuelo
For more on the word "niebla", visit: Wordreference.com/ Niebla
*NB 'Click' on the speaker icon next to the word “niebla” in the link to hear the word pronounced.
This is another Free online Spanish lesson from Love-Spanish.com. We conduct Spanish lessons online on a wide range of topics using the latest video conferencing facilities. Online lessons are the ideal way to improve listening and speaking skills. For more details on our lessons online and how to book them, please visit:
For more Free Spanish:
Follow us on:
© Copyright 2012 Love-Spanish.com. by Jose M González. All Rights Reserved.