Today's WOTD is: "local" = local
In Spanish, "local" is a describing word/ adjective of Latin origin which means local.
The term, "local" could also be a Spanish masculine noun meaning premises.
A related Spanish action word/ verb is “localizar” to locate (someone/ something).
Some commonly used expressions containing the word "local" are:
- Anestesia local (local anaesthetic);
- Despejar el local (to vacate the premises);
- El equipo local (the home team);
- Un local de copas (a pub);
- Un local de mala muerte (a dive);
Some examples of the use of the word "local" or “localizar” are:
- Extracción dental bajo anestesia local (tooth extraction under local anaesthetic);
- Por favor, despejen el local (please vacate the premises);
- Yo soy del equipo local (I support the local team);
- Anoche fuimos a un local de copas (last night we went to a pub);
- Ese es un local de mala muerte (that place is a dive);
- ¿Has localizado a tu hermano? (have you found out where your brother is?);
Love-Spanish.com loves the word "local" in the YouTube clip: abrillantado de suelo de mi local
For more on the word "local", visit: Wordreference.com/es/en/ Local
*NB 'Click' on the speaker icon next to the word “local” in the link to hear the word pronounced.
This is another Free online Spanish lesson from Love-Spanish.com. We conduct Spanish lessons online on a wide range of topics using the latest video conferencing facilities. Online lessons are the ideal way to improve listening and speaking skills. For more details on our lessons online and how to book them, please visit:
For more Free Spanish:
Follow us on:
© Copyright 2012 Love-Spanish.com. by Jose M González. All Rights Reserved.