This post deals with shopping in general, and more specifically with shopping for/ booking a hotel room.
- You are on the phone to reservations in a hotel
- You are at the front desk in a hotel.
After exchanging customary greetings, the hotel agent decides to say to you something like: "can I help you/ how can I help you/ what can I do for you?"
Alternatively, he/ she could choose to be more formal and say:
¿Que desea (usted)?
The question is an invitation for you to say what you want/ what you are after. When stating what you want, you DO NOT need to be concerned about the level of formality in the other person's question. Your main concern should be about communicating the details of what you want. Perhaps you want to say that what you want/ you are looking for is:
- A room (unspecified type);
- A specific type of room;
- A room (for a number of people);
- A room (for a given date);
- A room (for a given number of nights);
- A room (with specific facilities/ features);
Here are some examples of how you could reply:
- Quería una habitación (I would like a room);
- Quería dos habitaciones (I would like two rooms);
- Quería una habitación individual (I would like a single room);
- Quería una habitación doble (I would like a double room);
- Quería una habitación con cama de matrimonio (I would like a room with a double bed);
- Quería una habitación con dos camas individuales (I would like a twin room)
- Quería una habitación para el día tres de julio (I would like a room for the 3rd of July);
- Quería una habitación para dos noches (I would like a room for two nights);
- Quería una habitación con vista al mar (I would like a room a a sea view)
Now you should practice answering the question:
¿Qué desea (usted)?
This is another Free online Spanish lesson from Love-Spanish.com. We conduct Spanish lessons online on a wide range of topics using the latest video conferencing facilities. Online lessons are the ideal way to improve listening and speaking skills. For more details on our lessons online and how to book them, please visit:
For more Free Spanish:
Follow us on:
Google+: Google+ Love-Spanish
Facebook: Facebook.com/ Love.Spanish
© Copyright 2012 Love-Spanish.com. by Jose M González. All Rights Reserved.