Wednesday 18 January 2012

How Is Your Spare Time?


SCENARIO
Imagine you are talking to a relative, a friend or a work colleague. You are talking about leisure/ spare time. The other person wants you to tell him/ her a little bit about your spare time. So, he/ she decides to ask you "how is your spare time?". 

The other person could choose to be a bit less formal and say:

¿Cómo es tu tiempo libre?

Alternatively, he/ she could choose to be a little bit more formal and say:
¿Cómo es su tiempo libre?


OUR TIP

The first thing to note is that you DO NOT need to be concerned about the level of formality in the other person's question. Your main concern should be about finding words which describe your spare time appropriately. Perhaps you want to describe your spare time in the following terms:
  • Say whether you have a lot/ little spare time.
  • Give a description of your spare time.
  • Say what you like doing in your spare time.


Here are some examples of what you could say about your spare time:
  • Tengo mucho tiempo libre  (I have lots of spare time).
  • No tengo mucho tiempo libre (I don't have lots of spare time).
  • Tengo muy poco tiempo libre (I have very little spare time).
  • El tiempo libre es muy necesario (there is a need for spare time).
  • Mi tiempo libre es bastante interesante  (my spare time is quite interesting).
  • Mi tiempo libre es muy divertido (my spare time is lots of fun).
  • Mi tiempo libre nunca es aburrido (my spare time is never boring).
  • Lo paso muy bien en mi tiempo libre (I really have a great time my spare time).
  • En mi tiempo libre, me gusta ver la tele (I like watching TV in my spare time).
  • En mi tiempo libre, me gusta jugar a tenis (I like playing tennis in my spare time) .
  • En mi tiempo libre, me gusta leer (I like reading in my spare time).
  • En mi tiempo libre, me gusta escuchar la radio (I like listening to the radio in my spare time).
  • En mi tiempo libre, me gusta ir al cine (I like going to the cinema in my spare time).
  • En mi tiempo libre, me gusta hacer deporte (I like take part in sports/ keep fit activities in my spare time).

Now you should practice answering the question:
¿Cómo es tu tiempo libre?


This is another Free online Spanish lesson from Love-Spanish.comWe conduct lessons online on this and many other topics using the latest video conferencing facilities. Online lessons are the ideal way to improve listening and speaking skills. For more details on our lessons online and how to book them, please visit:

© Copyright 2012 Love-Spanish.com. by JM González. All Rights Reserved

No comments: