Imagine you are in the process of making arrangements to go out with a relative, a friend or a colleague. You might be undecided about where and when to go. That person wants to suggest going to the cinema tomorrow.
He/ she could say to you:
¿Por qué no vamos al cine mañana?
The question is a straight forward one. Your answer depends only on what you want to say. Maybe you want to chose between saying that you:
- Agree on going to the cinema tomorrow
- Suggest an alternative activity for tomorrow
- Suggest an alternative date for the cinema
Here are a couple of examples which deal with those two basic possibilities:
- Vale, mañana vamos al cine (OK we'll go to the cinema tomorrow)
- Mañana yo prefiriría jugar a bolos (tomorrow I would rather play bowls)
- Yo preferiría ir al cine el sábado (I would rather go to cinema on Saturday)
Now you should practice answering the question:
¿Por que no vamos al cine mañana?
This is another Free online Spanish lesson from Love-Spanish.com. We conduct lessons online on this and many other topics using the latest video conferencing facilities. Online lessons are the ideal way to improve listening and speaking skills. For more details on our lessons online and how to book them, please visit: